I had to share this with you as this is an amazing recipe. I make a double batch and I freeze the extras so they are always there if I have a craving for something sweet. The blogger "Oh She Glows" is fantastic...if you aren't following her- you should be!
|photo credit: Oh She Glows|
No Bake Chocolate MacaroonsVegan, gluten-free, nut-free, grain-free
Email, text, or print this recipe
Yield: 12 macaroons
- 1 banana, finely mashed
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder, sifted
- 1.5 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- small pinch of fine grain sea salt, to taste
1. In a medium mixing bowl, mash the banana until most of the clumps are gone. Stir in the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla.
2. Sift in the cocoa powder and stir until combined. Now stir in the coconut, chia seeds, and fine grain sea salt to taste.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick mat. Using a spoon or retractable ice cream scooper, scoop rounds onto the sheet. Place sheet in the freezer for around 20 minutes, or until macaroons are firm. Store in the freezer until ready to enjoy. They will soften at room temperature.
Note: 1/4 cup pure maple syrup results in a lightly sweet macaroon. Feel free to adjust the sweetener to your own taste buds, especially because some cocoa powders may be stronger than others.
Read more: http://ohsheglows.com/2013/03/18/no-bake-chocolate-macaroons-2/#ixzz2tIz4CRwS