Finding a Fitness Facility That Works For You and Your Goals!
1. Location: Picking a location that is close to your home or work is crucial. If you have to go far out of your way, or if working out will add significantly to your commute, I guarantee you won't be sticking with your routine for long. It's just not sustainable. You want to maximize the time spent sweating, not driving.
2. Price: Finding a great deal to fit into your budget will help you stick to your goals. If it is something that is affordable it will help you stick with it each month.
3. Fitness Class Schedule: Working out with others is fun! But, if you are a group fitness fan like I am, it is so important to check out the schedule before you join a gym. It is so sad to join and then realize the times they hold classes do not work for you.
4. Child Care: As a parent, I feel this is so crucial. You never know when you are going to need it. Spouse travelling on business? You can still work out! Day off school with the kids? You can still work out! It's one less excuse.
I was recently able to visit Washington Sports Clubs® (https://www.mysportsclubs.com) and realized that this club meets many of my needs.
1. Location! The are many WSC clubs all throughout the DC region which is a plus for me. They are also big in NYC, Boston, and Philadelphia: New York Sports Clubs®, Boston Sports Clubs®
and Philadelphia Sports Clubs® The Sports Club Network has grown to more than 150 clubs. Find a local sports club near where you live or where you work: https://www.mysportsclubs.com/studio/search
2. Price. They are moderately priced and running some great promotions right now.
1. To find out the most current promos, go to www.mysportsclubs.com
2. For a free 1 day pass https://www.mysportsclubs.
3. To try a free class, https://www.mysportsclubs.
4. For a free personal training session https://www.mysportsclubs.com/
3. Class Schedule. I love group fitness classes and WSC is proud of their slogan, "Your class, your flow" – find the perfect fitness class for you/classes available every hour. They offer a variety of popular and motivating group exercise classes such as Spinning®, yoga, Zumba® and exclusive programs such as UXF® Circuit and the UXF® Training Zone. If group fitness isn't your thing, they also have enhanced personal training to help you reach your goals.
|"Spinning Builds Endurance"|
4. Child Care is very important to me. That way I can bring my daughter along and not have to worry about finding a babysitter/coordinating with my husband's work schedule to attend a fitness class. At WSC, Babysitting and active kid programs are available so I can work out worry free.
|child care room at Washington Sports Club Columbia Heights|
I was very happy with my visit to Washington Sports Clubs: Columbia Heights location. They have been a fitness leader since 1974 and it shows. The facility was clean, modern and inviting. Facility extras that stood out to me: racquet sports/full basketball court and the babysitting and kids programs.