I am still aiming for sub 1:45 in the half marathon, and I am hoping Zooma Annapolis will be it! It's hillier than DC and will be warmer, but I am going to try and run smarter and make it happen!
|Winter training got you down? Think warm bay breezes in Annapolis in May!|
Zooma's website says this about the race:
Let patriotic pride fuel you on this tour of one of America’s great seaside towns. Starting at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium, it’s hard to not feel your heart swell listening to the National Anthem in the excitement-filled moments before the race starts. Out on the course, runners loop around the lovely, brick Maryland State House before running past the Naval Academy. Once across the challenging, but beautiful, Naval Academy Bridge, racers enjoy an out-and-back section that allows plenty of racer-to-racer cheers and support, as well as views of Round Bay, an inlet off of the Chesapeake Bay.
After the race, its time to celebrate in the end zone of Navy Stadium at the After-Party Expo with wine, live music, shopping, recovery yoga, and lots of fit girls’ weekend celebration.
Race Cap: 4,000
Average Race Day Temperatures:
ZOOMA ANNAPOLIS PERKS:
- Entry into a scenic, professionally-managed, and timed half marathon or 10K race
- Access to full fit girls weekend schedule – a Fitness Expo, an Honest Tea Mocktail Party, and an After-Party Expo featuring wine from Barefoot Wine & Bubbly, post-race massages, shopping, and music
- ZOOMA Signature Swag Bag (over $50 value)
- Water and Sports drink stationed along the course and at the finish line
- Wine and Bubbly and food at the finish line
- Half Marathon Finisher’s medal (pictured below) + 10K finisher’s medal
- Access to special room rates at the official race hotel, the Loews Annapolis Hotel
Last year they had some great post-and pre-race deals around town, so make sure you bring your bib with you to get some good deals around town! Pusser's is my personal favorite and make sure you sit outside :-).
The above information can be found at http://zoomarun.com/annapolis/
For after race brunch I am headed to the BoatYard. http://www.boatyardbarandgrill.com/ It was actually difficult to find a post race brunch because most places are Sunday brunch only and this is a Saturday race.
Use code COLLEEN15 for 10% off and come join me! :-)