http://untapped.cc/) I took it out on my last two long runs. I shared some with my BRF and she has since bought her own box online as well!
Why I love it: The consistency and the taste are huge for me. It goes down very easy. My BRF and I took it without water (because we weren't carrying any) and were able to swallow it just fine. The taste had us sucking out the package to the last drop!
UnTapped's reasons to love it!
• Maple syrup is low glycemic. Containing all natural sugars, maple syrup provides prolonged, sustained energy rather than offering a quick burst and subsequent crash like many adulterated sports sweeteners.
• Maple syrup contains Calcium, Riboflavin, Manganese, Zinc, and Potassium. These inherent elements of maple syrup promote energy production, muscle recovery, and help prevent cramping.
• Maple syrup features more than fifty antioxidants. This cocktail of polyphenols have powerful free radical fighting properties. Foods with similar qualities include berries, green tea, red wine, and flaxseeds.
• Maple syrup contains amino acids, which prevent muscle deterioration.
• Maple syrup is water soluble making it easy to digest, quick to absorb, and no more gut-rot from downing sugary energy gels! Plus it’s a cinch to clean up; just rinse with water. Alternative sports gels are like tar to clean up.
All this means that UnTapped maple is an organic, single ingredient, one-stop-shop for your on-the-go needs.
I am sharing this review with you all because I am just really excited about this product. I was not given any compensation or product for this review. I bought my own Untapped but just had to share. Now my BRF and I are on a crusade to get it carried locally.